my first song!

I remember it as if it happened yesterday, the day I wrote my first song. When I first started writing, I intended it to be a poem. I had just moved from Greenville South Carolina all the way to Cedar Hill Texas. I had at the time someone what thought was a best friend. Her name is Jordan Taylor Layton. She was my second eighth-grade crush. Jordan was also another member on the short list of people who I genuinely cared about. Towards the end of my grade year, I would begin to learn the lesson, “you can love a girl without ever falling in love with them”. Eventually, this wonderful moment in my life faded away, shortly after I wrote a poem called I miss you to honor the memory of that wonderful moment in my life.

I miss your smile
I miss your laugh
I miss the angel that I once had

The actual poem is much then what is being shared, shortly after I wrote this poem my parents gave me the best birthday present any fifteen-year-old love of music who is also an inspiring songwriter. They found someone could put my poetry to music. Little did I know this experience will turn into much more than just an instrumental to play while you’re reading a poem. I was given the instrumental and was instructed to write another verse. Eventually, after a little brainstorming, I was able to complete the task I was given.

After the song was written I didn't know exactly how to feel. Honestly, I was more concerned about how the song sounded sonically. in my opinion, this song had only been lightly mixed and mastered. I wasn't ashamed of it, this just wasn't how I thought my first song with sound. My dad said that I unknowingly managed to write a song that had a deeper meaning than what I had originally thought. It’s a need to years to receive my copyright, over time I began to feel like the song I had written was no longer relevant. Eight years passed by and I have decided that it is best to let the world hear my song and form their own opinions about it.

I hope you enjoy my song as much as I enjoyed writing it. my first song!

Comments