Fan letter for Johnny Manziel

Dear Johnny Manziel,

I’ve been a fan of yours since your college days at Texas A&M University. You were the youngest football player to ever win the Heisman, you were able to do it as a freshman in college. There are very few people who can say that they have accomplished anything as great as that of accomplishment in the lifetime. The year that you chose to enter the National Football League was a very interesting and entertaining year. Your polarizing personality catapulted you to new heights I could only dream of. Although you had critics, you were destined to take your place on top of the world.
Your brand was expanding, in my opinion, you already a household name before you ever scored your first touchdown in the NFL. I became a fan of you because we both were the same age and still are, and we have the same taste in music. We also shared a passion for football so I thought, if I may be brutally honest, I think you have lost your passion for the game of football. Lately, your actions have made me wonder if you had any in the first place. I have loved football since high school. My favorite position is the quarterback, especially dual threats. My disability has kept me from playing football, I have cerebral palsy. Although I have my disability I still have tried my best to master the mental aspect of football, learning plays reading defenses etc. I will probably never be able to run a ball into the end zone, I will never know the true feeling of winning a football game and helping to lead my team to victory. As far as my life is concerned, God has another plan for me. I’m perfectly fine with that,

You, on the other hand, have the opportunity to get your life back on track, and do what you were born to do play football. You may even win a championship or two. There comes a time in every man’s life when he must decide if the man that he is becoming is the man that he wants to be. You are not your mistakes, your mistakes are not you. To whom much is given much is expected. Always remember that Johnny.

Your biggest fan,
Calvin R Davis



Comments

  1. yes i am:
    gay-having or showing a merry, lively mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish Johnny would read this. This post is actually what brought me to your landing page. I appreciate your writings. They are thoughtful and insightful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment