No Transportation in Cedar Hill Texas

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be in a wheelchair? My name is Calvin Davis and I am 24 years old I have a disability, I was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when I was three years old. The 24 years that I have lived have not been easy. There have been many obstacle that I have had to endure. The hardest part of my life is not having transportation. Imagine having to depend on someone else every time you wanted to go somewhere. I am proud to be a citizen of Cedar Hill Texas, I love it here. Although sometimes I wonder if Cedar Hill is proud to have me as a citizen?

 The age of 24 is a very special time in a human being’s life. In my opinion this is also a very critical time in a young adult’s life. For the first time he or she will not only evaluate who they are, they will also make a decision on who they want to be. They will start to form their own opinions, develop their own philosophies about life. It is during this time that having a disability can present real challenges, while some people disabilities prefer to stay at home and/or around other people disabilities. There are some of us who prefer to meet people don’t have any disabilities at all, in order to do this transportation is needed. A although most of us with disabilities have parents, have their own lives too. That is why it is important for us to have our own way of getting around, our lives are not their lives. There’s no reason why we cannot have our own lives too.


I am fully aware and supportive of keeping the troublemakers out of my town, however I am not supportive of not having a way to get around. It is my right as an American citizen to be able to go wherever I want to go when I want to go. I should not have to relocate to the city of Dallas simply because the city of Dallas has made a way so I can go places on my own. I should be able to have my independence regardless of what city or town I choose to live in within the state of Texas. That is why I am asking the city of Cedar Hill to allow dart para transit to come to the city of Cedar Hill.

Comments