what's your purpose?

what is your purpose? This is a question as myself every day. I started my soul-searching at the age of 16. I will admit that I was young, still although very out of place. my friends would always laugh at my urgency to decide what I was going to do with my life. Growing up I love setting goals myself. When I was 16 I set a goal to become a singer. I wanted to perform millions of people, sell millions of albums and make a lot of money. Now that I'm older, I sometimes ask myself "why did you want to become a singer?" My soul always replies with the same response "I just wanted to be heard and acknowledged." I just wanted people to understand me. At that time, I was too young to realize that I wanted people to do something I can do myself. At the age of 16, I didn't even understand myself. I had a hard time accepting that I was a very outspoken person. Believe it or not, I didn't like that I couldn't just go with the flow, I always had to question why things had to be the way they were. I hated that about myself,I hated always having to be right. Fast-forward to today, I'm still learning to accept myself for what I am an imperfect human being. This is a hard task. I still haven't discovered what my true purposes is on this earth. Lately, I have started to believe that my true purpose is to learn how to accept myself flaws and all. As a matter of fact, I believe that this is everyone's soul purpose while on earth, to learn how to accept yourself flaws and all. If we all choose to accept who you are, I believe that this will help us to find our purpose, discover what were really supposed to be doing with our time on earth. That's our purpose, to find ourselves. I believe that there is a difference between finding out what you're supposed to be doing, and finding out the reason why this was to be doing it.

Comments